Why the Philippines
We are often asked why we chose the Philippines as a business destination.
The main reasons are:
- Similarities in culture to Australia and United States
- Similar time zone to Australia
- Easy communication, 3rd largest English speaking country in the world
- Wide range of skilled and professional labour availability, over 400,000 graduates per year!
- Excellent internet and business infrastructure already serving USA, Europe and Australia
- Only a 7.5 hour flight from Sydney.
The Philippines is now regarded as the primary location for business outsourcing in the world, and in the area of voice, has overtaken India as the country of choice.
With stable democratic government, and significant incentives to locate and office in the Philippines, an office can be established an operational within 2 to 3 months.
The Philippines, like most of Asia, has hardly noticed the GFC, and continues to enjoy amongst the highest rates of economic growth in Asia.
With currency around 43/40 pesos to the USD/AUD during 2012/2013, costs across the full range of typical business costs are lower in the Philippines, including office rents and salaries.
Depending on industry type, government incentives can include zero corporate tax, and zero VAT on inputs.
The Philippine workforce is dedicated and engaged, well educated and proficient in English, which is taught in all schools and is the main business language. All signs, legal documents etc are in English, which makes life much easier for any expats visiting or located in the country.